Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Composition

Hey everyone! I've had a very nice weekend. I didn't really do anything but sleep and stay inside all day, but I love being in my bed so that was great haha. Of course though I'm overloaded on school work so everyday is a constant struggle trying to finish all my assignments. Enough about my boring life though, lets get started with today's blog where I'll be talking to you all about composition and the different types.

  • Framing- this refers to using elements of a scene to create a frame within your frame to highlight the subject of the picture. Like shooting through a doorway, tunnel, pulled back curtains, and etc.
  • Rule of Thirds- This involves mentally splitting up your image into 2 horizontal lines and 2 vertical lines. You then position the elements of your scene along those lines and where your points meet at.
  • Depth of Field- The distance between the closest and farthest objects in a photo that appears sharp. The camera is only supposed to be focused sharply at one point.
  • Deep Focus- A deep focus shot includes the focus of the foreground, middle-ground, and extreme-background objects. This keeps both the objects and characters close up and far away from the camera in focus.
  • Shallow Focus- A photographic and cinematographic technique incorporating a small depth of field. In this one plane of the image is in focus while the other is out of focus. It's used to emphasize one part of the image over the other.
  • Focus Pull- This is a creative camera technique in which you change focus during a shot and adjust the focus from one subject to another.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Table of Contents

 Here is my finished table of contents.