Monday, September 20, 2021

Using Camera Angles

      Hey guys! I've been a little behind on my assignments but I've been trying to catch up. This weekend all I wanted to do was sleep but I had to get these pictures in. So last weeks exercise was to take pictures and capture the different angle shots, high, low, and canted. In this blog I will be showing you guys each photo I captured with the different angles. 

  • High Angle Shots are cinematic techniques where the camera looks down on the subject from a high angle.  
  • Low Angle Shots are shots on a camera that are positioned low on the vertical axis anywhere below the eye line looking up.
  • Canted Shots are tilted shots that involve setting the camera on its roll axis so the shot is composed vertical shots on the line is angled to the side.

          
High Angle Shot
I took this picture of my friend in class and used her as subject. She has very nice and helped be my muse for this exercise. I positioned the camera at a high angle
 while looking down at her.

Low Angle Shot
In this picture I was actually on the boardwalk at the beach and I just thought the setting was so nice, so I decided to photograph it. I took this picture by lowering the the camera on the ground and faced it upwards to try to make the building stand out and seem taller. For me I like low angled shots more because they capture the whole scene and make the subject appear more extravagant.

Canted Angle Shot 
In this shot I was at a football game and I was sitting on the bleachers. I was having a really good time with my friends and took lots of pictures and this was one of them. I tilted my phone at a certain angle to take the picture to make it look slanted and give the picture a dramatic affect.

These pictures were honestly very fun to capture and I enjoyed taking them. I had good time out this weekend and I'm glad I decided to sap these pictures to show these different angle shots. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table of Contents

 Here is my finished table of contents.